Thursday, March 22, 2012

UPDATE ON INTERNS NEEDED....2 INTERNS NEEDED

I now have an amazing assistant--Eve Porinchak--and at this time she is doing all the intern work I need done.

To all those that applied, so many of you sound perfect for the position and I will hold on to your applications for when I do need to add a remote intern. 

Thank you all for applying and I'll be in touch when the work gets overwhelming for the two of us:)

Many of you know Eve, but if you don't, I'll brag about her a little. Eve is fantastic at spotting talent and is now reading all my queries (WOOT!). She is also a wonderful writer, very happily repped by the Andrea Brown Agency.

She used to blog here and here, maybe she will again on her own blog but I do know she will start guest blogging here on my blog.

Eve also teaches writing to kids at the wonderful non-profit InsideOUT Writers.  InsideOUT Writers conducts weekly writing classes within the Los Angeles County Juvenile Hall System. The classes, taught by writers, poets, screenwriters, journalists and educators, give students the opportunity to refocus their lives without the influence of peer pressure and build their self-esteem. Through writing, participants are able to tell their stories, reflect on the past, and decide how they will write the next chapter of their lives. 

***********************


I am in need of two interns, one remote and one able to drive to my office in Palos Verdes, CA.

Both will help maintain the query pile. (For now, this won’t necessarily include reading full manuscripts, it will be query letters only, but that could change in the future if mutually agreeable). It means managing an email account by screening the queries into folders for my review, and sending the requests/rejections once I’ve reviewed them.

The in-office intern will drive to my office once a week to update submission lists, paper and virtual filing, etc. This is an evolving position with huge potential to learn about the publishing industry. 

For now, these are unpaid internships, but I am happy to chat with you about publishing and give basic advice. 

Also, with my book, DARE TO DREAM...CHANGE THE WORLD coming out and the creation of the DARE TO DREAM...CHANGE THE WORLD FOUNDATION (news on this will be announced soon), there is an opportunity to also work on book promotion and with the foundation. 

If you are interested in either of these positions, please send an email with the word INTERN in the subject line to: jill at HermanAgencyInc dot com

Include:

-Any publishing background (No experience required, but it’s good to know if you do have some)

-Educational background

-Job history

-at least one reference I can contact

-A list of your favorite books (5 or 10 titles)

Some basics for the remote position:
You can live anywhere.
You can work at any time of the day.


Some basics for in-office position:
Day and times will be mutually agreed upon and are extremely flexible--not necessary to have same day/time each week.
Must be ok with cats and dogs, as they are my office buddies:)


3 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations to Eva and to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you and Eve are working together! Congrats to both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome, Eve! You are working with a wonderful woman, and I am sure you and Jill will have a great time together. Let's plan to talk one of these days soon when I am in NYC.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

join the mailing list

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner