Tuesday, August 12, 2008

MY CRITIQUE GROUP











I am one lucky writer. I am blessed with an amazing critique group. A group where we not only care about each other's writing, but about each other's souls.

Yesterday I sent my new baby, oh I mean my manuscript, off to my critique group. By Friday night I'll know if my girl is doa, in need of a couple of weeks or months in intensive care, or if she is ready to breathe on her own.

But hearing thoughtful opinions about my manuscript is not why I can't wait until Friday night. I'm itch'n to catch up on each other's lives, info dump about the SCBWI Conference, and laugh, laugh, laugh.

Me, Stephanie Hemphill, Paula Yoo, Joyce Lee Wong, Claudia Harrington, and Mary 'Kitty' Donohoe make up the one and only KidScribblers.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Jill. I saw on the Yahoo boards that you have a new blog, so I came by for visit. I hope you're enjoying it! This is a great post about your critique group. I'm part of an email crit. group, but we haven't named ourselves yet - never thought of it, but what a great idea! I'm off to put the question off to the rest of the gang, and look forward to reading more of your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good crit group is so essential for us writers. the encouragement and community is just as important as the crits. good luck with your new baby. that's awesome, jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also took a look at your blog because you'd told us about it on Yahoo group. Your blog is great and I'll keep checking in to see how it progresses. A good crit group is precious. I hope the feedback you get is constructive. Dorothy Massey www.kidsbooksuk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, they are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

join the mailing list

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner